Over 24,000 students and well over 5,000 international students (more than 20%)
Primary Instruction Language
Fall Semester: February-June
December Semester: July-November
UWA has over 24,000 undergraduate and graduate students with well over 5,000 international students. Since 1911, The University of Western Australia has helped shape the careers of over 100,000 graduates. UWA ranks 110th in the highly respected Shanghai-Jiao Tong University's Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Undergraduates are welcome to study any discipline (except medicine and dentistry). To make it easier for you to determine the credit you will receive at your home university for study at UWA, the staff has developed the OUTWARD searchable database that contains comprehensive information on the academic content and outcomes of individual units. OUTWARD also includes a history of all units taken at UWA by past study abroad and exchange students. By searching this database you can see the units other students from your University and elsewhere have studied at UWA. For more general information on studying abroad or exchange at UWA, click here
UWA's location is on the beautiful Swan River in the heart of Perth's city. The city of Perth offers an enviable combination of urban sophistication and international flavor and has a rich lifestyle and cultural mix. The state of Western Australia occupies the entire western third of Australia and it spans more than 2.5 million square kilometers. WA has strong cultural diversity as there are people of more than 200 different nationalities, 170 languages spoken, and more than 100 religions practiced. Of all the states in Australia, WA has the highest population of people born overseas.
UWA's primary language of instruction is English with no other language prerequisites. Undergraduates are welcome to study any discipline (except medicine and dentistry). College of Architecture, Planning and Design students are also welcome to study abroad at this university.
- Semester 1: February- June (Nominations Due November 30, Application Deadline December 31)
- Arrive no later than February 10
- Orientation starts February 11
- Classes begin February 24
- Final Exams: June 2-June 21
- April 21-25
- June 3-7
- June 23-28 Mid-Year vacation
Semester 2: July-November (Nominations due April 1, Application due May 1)
- Arrive no later than July 21
- Orientation starts July 22
- Classes begin July 28
- Final Exams: November 3-22
- September 29-October 3
- November 23 begins summer vacation
For a more detailed look at UWA's semester, check out their important dates site
Students must meet the requirements of K-State Education Abroad.
It is required that you have one year of college education completed before applying to the University of Western Australia and that you are in good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA.
For housing accommodations whilst abroad, visit UWA's housing information.
COSTS & TUITION
For more estimated costs, please see the Budget Sheets at the top of this brochure. For financial aid and scholarship information, see K-State’s funding page
- If you are considering studying in Australia (at UWA or UQ), visit the Study Abroad office in 304 Fairchild to find out more about the competitive $5000 scholarships offered.
- Overseas Health Cover is compulsory for all students. Students can either purchase it through the UWA recommended provider (at AUD$218 per semester) or purchase it independently as long as it is an approved provider. Click here for more information.
- K-State gives a few answers to common Student Visa questions.
Here is a list of KSU students who have previously studied abroad at this university. Feel free to contact them if you have any questions specifically about this program.
- Michelle Gutknecht - Fall 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logan Nichols - Spring 2015 - email@example.com
- Sarah Jackman- Spring 2016- firstname.lastname@example.org