Skip to Content
Programs : Brochure
This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
Insurance request
Program Terms: Academic Year,
Calendar Year,
Spring Break,
Program Description:

It is highly recommended that faculty or staff traveling abroad obtain international health insurance, since many health insurance plans (including most of those offered by the State of Kansas) do not cover important costs that could be incurred while traveling abroad.  These include Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, a Family Assistance Benefit, a Bereavement Reunion Benefit and Worldwide Travel Assistance. 

The Study Abroad Office is able to offer international health insurance coverage for these items to faculty and staff traveling on KSU business for a cost of $1 per day through T.W. Lord & Associates.  To view the insurance policy, click here.
  • Click on "Apply Now"
  • Choose the term during which you will be traveling abroad, the location(s) of travel, and the dates of travel, and click "Apply"
    • NOTE: If your location is not listed, please choose another city in the same country, as the country of travel is what is most important.

Once the form has been submitted, please submit a check (personnel or cashier's) or money order, made out to T.W. Lord & Associates, to the Study Abroad Office, in 304 Fairchild Hall, for the amount of $1 per day you will be abroad.

Once the online form has been submitted and payment has been received in the Study Abroad Office, we will submit the information to T.W. Lord & Associates.  A few days after we have submitted the information, you should receive an email (to your KSU email account) from T.W. Lord & Associates confirming your enrollment in the insurance plan.  The email will include an insurance verification letter and ID card for you to print and carry with you while abroad.

If you have any questions regarding the form or payment, or need to change your dates of enrollment, please contact