Intermediate Spanish in the Community
Atenas, Costa Rica
Total Estimated Cost:
Spanish 3 or equivalent or consent of faculty leader
Course and Credits:
Course and Travel Terms:
Spring 2019 course with Winter 2019 travel
Travel dates: January 4- January 17 2019
On-campus dates: October 23, 5:30-7:30pm; November 10, 3:30-6:30pm; December 8, 2018, 3:30-6:30pm; Location: EH 212
January 26, 2019, 1:00-3:00pm; Location: EH 001A
October 1, 2018
October 15, 2018
- Through reflection and interaction with the local Atenas, Costa Rica community, continue to develop intermediate Spanish language abilities-- speaking, listening, reading, writing, and culture—as well as critical thinking and creativity.
- Learn about and from the Atenas community while utilizing personal skills to assist in the attainment of community goals.
- Research, write, and revise individual papers incorporating appropriate secondary sources and observations made in Atenas.
- Represent our university and country positively through consistently respectful and responsible behavior.
- Enjoy a taste of pura vida!
This program is open to credit-seeking students only (K-State or Non-K-State)
- Program Fees Billed to KSIS: $2,663.00 (includes program fees, group meals, gratuities/tips, OIP administration fee, emergency fee, and international medical insurance).
- Additional Anticipated Expenses: $1,575.00 (for expenses such as airfare, individual meals, passport fee, global phone plan, immunizations, and textbooks).
- Estimated K-State Tuition and Fees for Undergraduate Course: *$937.50 for one 3 credit hour undergraduate K-State course. $25.00 Global Campus Fee.
*Tuition/fee estimate is based on 2018-2019 K-State Tuition/Fee Schedule.
Education Abroad and Kansas State University post all billable costs directly to students’ KSIS accounts at the start of the academic term in which the course is offered. For spring courses, charges will appear in late January; for summer courses, charges appear in mid-May; and for fall courses, charges appear in late August.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Before you apply, please review some important information about scholarships and financial aid at http://www.k-state.edu/abroad/current-students/funding/
- Financial Aid
- Contact your financial aid advisor at email@example.com to discuss what federal aid you may be able to use on this program
- KSU, National, and International Scholarships
FACULTY LEADER INFORMATION
Department Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator
Modern Language Department
Education Abroad Advisor
304 Fairchild Hall