Music and Culture in London
England, United Kingdom
Dr. David Pickering
Spring 2019 Course with Summer 2019 Study Tour
- Language Prerequisite: No
- Courses and Credits:
- MUSIC 599/799 - 3 K-State undergraduate or graduate credits
- Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Course Dates: February 6, 2019 – May 31, 2019
- Pre-trip class meetings on February 6 and May 7, 2019
- Tour Dates: May 20, 2019 – May 31, 2019 (depart U.S. on May 20)
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2018
- Total Estimated Cost:
- Undergraduate: $5,117.30 (includes tuition, program fees, and additional anticipated expenses)
The intent of this study tour is to acquaint students with musical, cultural, and historical landmarks of London, Cambridge, and Hampton Court Palace. This understanding will be further deepened as students attend concerts (including choral evensong at Westminster Abbey and King's College, Cambridge), visit historical landmarks such as the British Museum, Buckingham Palace, the Churchill War Rooms, the Handel-Hendrix Museum, Royal Albert Hall, Academic of Music, St. Paul's Cathedral, and Westminster Abbey. A certain amount of free time will be allocated into the itinerary for students to discover and learn about other musical or cultural interests they might have.
- Instructor permission.
- This program is open to K-State credit-seeking students. Non-credit student accepted upon instructor permission if space available.
*Tuition/fee estimate is based on 2017-2018 K-State Tuition/Fee Schedule. Rates may change for different academic years
- Program Fees (Billed to KSIS): $2,690.00 (includes lodging/accommodations, group meals, events/tours/admissions, guest lectures, London transportation, international health insurance, OIP administration fee, and bank wire fees).
- Estimated K-State Tuition and Fees for Undergraduate Course (Billed to KSIS): *$952.30 for one 3 credit hour undergraduate K-State course, including a $25.00 Global Campus Fee.
- Additional Anticipated Expenses (Not Billed): $1,475.00 (for expenses such as international airfare, individual meals, and passport fee).
Education Abroad and Kansas State University post all billable costs directly to students’ KSIS accounts at the start of the academic term in which the course is offered. For spring courses, charges will appear in mid-December; for summer courses, charges appear in mid-May; and for fall courses, charges appear in late August.
FINANCIAL AID AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Before you apply, please review some important information about scholarships and financial aid at http://www.k-state.edu/abroad/current-students/funding/
- Financial Aid
- Contact your financial aid advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what federal aid you may be able to use on this program
- KSU, National, and International Scholarships
Dr. David Pickering
134 McCain Auditorium
Education Abroad Advisor
304 Fairchild Hall
*Program information subject to change. Please contact Education Abroad for the most updated details.